Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Supply Chain, Production, Design
Haddad Brands is a fast paced and very successful, privately held, NYC based, kid's apparel company.
Haddad Brands holds the global licenses for Nike, Jordan, Converse, Levi's, and Hurley children's wear. Our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast paced and FUN!
The Fabric Development Manager will work cross functionally with Sourcing, Production, Design, and Product Approval teams to anticipate and analyze fabric needs across all brands to leverage qualities across divisions.
- Ensure product integrity of all brands by facilitating and overseeing the testing of all fabrics
- Work closely with fabric millers to pro-actively review seasonal collections by brands and develop future fabric needs
- Source seasonal design requests with suppliers and offer solutions if it is outside of the brand’s seasonal sourcing and pricing strategy
- Partner with the Product Approval team on all fabric approvals
- Conduct market research to identify current trends and compile competitive data as it relates to the brands in order to establish key objectives for the season
- Communicate all fabric standards on behalf of the Sourcing and Fabric Development teams
- Maintain a fabric library to support seasonal inspiration of the brand
- Attend all industry related trade and fabric shows
- Research and identify current trends in yarn and fabric technology
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile/Product Development or related field
- 4+ years of experience in the fashion industry with a strong knowledge of fabric development
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Brand appropriate aesthetic